Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Common Questions

How Do I Start My VA Benefits?

  • Apply to Cameron University
    • Complete an application for admission
    • If you have previously attended Cameron, complete an application for re-admission
    • Pay application fee (if you are a new admission - CU will not require active duty soldiers to pay an application fee). Note: When completing the CU Admissions application, if appropriate, please indicate you are Active Duty status. You will need to remember the fee waiver code provided for later entry in the application process in order to receive the fee waiver for the application fee.
    • Request official transcripts for high school and prior college/university credits to be sent to Cameron including, if appropriate, an official Joint Services Transcript (JST).

  • See the appropriate academic department for your degree program
    • Ask for an academic advisor
    • Enroll in desired courses NOTE: VA will only pay for courses REQUIRED within your degree program
    • Refer enrollment schedule for class offerings.

Visit the Cameron Office of Veteran Affairs

(located in room #332 North Shepler, 580-581-2301)

  • Complete a VA application for benefits packet (If you are not sure what type of VA benefits you qualify for, you may contact the VA Regional Office education toll-free number: 1-888-442-4551 OR visit the Cameron Office of Veteran Affairs website.
  • Submit an enrollment schedule
  • Submit a copy of your DD Form 214--member 4 (if veteran status)
  • Inform staff if you will be using military tuition assistance for any courses on your current enrollment schedule (if active duty status)
  • Submit copies of marriage certificates, divorce decrees (for veteran and spouse) and birth certificates for all minor children under 18 years of age (if appropriate).
  • Submit a copy of your Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) (if using benefits through a Reserve/National Guard unit)

Will VA Pay to repeat a course?

VA will not pay for REPEAT courses. For exceptions, click Continuation of VA Benefits.