Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Advance Pay Requests

Advance payment of educational assistance is intended to help students meet school-related and other expenses which are incurred at the beginning of a term. A veteran, serviceperson, reservist, or other eligible person can elect, in writing, to be paid in advance for the first initial month, or fraction thereof, in which the term will begin plus the amount payable for the following month if all of the following conditions are met:

  1. The student is enrolled at half-time rate or more,
  2. The student is either just beginning VA benefits or has a break in school attendance using VA benefits of 30 days (one calendar month) or more,
  3. The student is not eligible for an interval payment from VA.

Students choosing this option should be aware that if they receive advance payments, they will not receive their next payment until their next payment is due. For example, the fall semester begins in August. Students receiving advance payments would receive the advanced payment for August and September. However, they would not receive their next payment (for the month of October) until early November. ( NOTE: Advance Payment may not be made for veterans training under Section 901).

Note: Active Duty-Chapter 30-New G.I. BillĀ® students are only paid tuition and fees. Active Duty-Chapter 30 students enrolled in a half-time status or more will not be able to receive a lump sum payment of benefits.

  • Any student requesting an Advance Payment must notify and complete the appropriate paperwork before the CU-VA Advance Pay Request Deadline. This is at least 60 days prior to the beginning of your first term or semester. Please contact the CU-VA for dates for a specific semester.

  • The only time you may request an Advance Pay is your first semester of attending Cameron, or if you have had a break in attendance. Advance Pay cannot be requested if you attended anywhere the immediate preceding semester using veterans benefits. If you are not eligible for an Advance Pay Request, payment of your tuition will be due by the due date assigned by the Business Office. See the current class schedule for additional payment information or contact the Business Office.

  • Advance pays cannot be requested if you are enrolled in a less than half-time.