Master of Education in Education
Options in Literacy, Special Education, and Teaching and Learning
The Master of Education in Education program is designed for teachers and other educators who
- have received formal professional preparation in preschool through grade twelve teaching at an accredited college or university, and/or;
- have passed both Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET) and an Oklahoma Subject Area Test (OSAT) in preparation for initial certification.
The degree serves teachers and other educators who desire to grow as professionals and improve their teaching by obtaining advanced knowledge of pedagogy and classroom practices; who aspire to deepen student learning; and who seek to transform schools and increase educational equity. The program coursework is based on the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
A flexible schedule and hybrid format allows students to earn their degree in two years or less, even if they continue to teach full time.
Master of Education in Education Admission Requirements
- Be admitted to graduate studies at Cameron University
- Have a teaching certificate within the first 12 hours of graduate study
- Have two acceptable recommendation forms submitted on the applicant’s behalf
- Have a 3.0 or better GPA*
* Applicants may be conditionally admitted with an undergraduate GPA lower than a 3.0, but must maintain a 3.0 at the graduate level
For advisement, enrollment, or other questions related to Cameron University's graduate education programs, please contact our Graduate Coordinator at email@example.com
New graduate students: Apply for a graduate tuition waiver!