Master of Education in Reading
The Master of Education in Reading provides students with the preparation necessary to serve as reading specialists in the public schools of Oklahoma. This program provides pedagogy in the teaching of reading and specialized knowledge for working with children who find reading difficult. It will also prepare reading specialists to review and develop reading curricula for the schools in which they teach.
All Master of Education in Reading students must possess a qualifying teaching certificate to take more than 12 hours toward the degree. Candidates for this program must also have completed basic reading/literature classes or equivalent coursework prior to beginning the course sequence.
The Master of Education in Reading program is designed to accommodate working teaching professionals. Courses are offered online.
Master of Education in Reading Admission Requirements
- Be admitted to graduate studies at Cameron University
- Have a teaching certificate within the first 12 hours of graduate study
- Have two acceptable recommendation forms submitted on the applicant’s behalf
- Have a 3.0 or better GPA*
* Applicants may be conditionally admitted with an undergraduate GPA lower than a 3.0, but must maintain a 3.0 at the graduate level
For advisement, enrollment, or other questions related to Cameron University's graduate education programs, please contact our Graduate Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New graduate students: Apply for a graduate tuition waiver!