Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Chapter 30 Montgomery Bill for Veterans

The Montgomery G.I. Bill® establishes a program of education benefits for essentially four groups or categories of individuals based on their active duty service. The benefits available to each person may vary depending on their particular situation and length of active duty service.

If you are uncertain as to your Chapter 30 eligibility, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs web site which provides detailed information on the categories in which you can qualify for benefits.

A veteran who wishes to apply for Chapter 30 benefits will need to have completed the following:

  1. Provided Official Transcripts of all prior accredited institutions of higher education attended/attending currently to the Cameron University Undergraduate Admissions Office. (This is a requirement for all students using veterans benefits, even if the Admissions Office does not need them for your admission to the university. The reason for this requirement is the Department of Veteran Affairs requires the CU-VA Office to officially report all prior credits completed at other higher educational institutions.) For additional information, visit Cameron's Undergraduate Admission's web site .

    *Graduate students would need to provide official transcripts to Cameron Graduate Admissions Office. (See Graduate Studies for more information.)

    Students must be admitted to Cameron University before the CU-VA will proceed with processing a student's paperwork for veterans benefits.

  2. Either an Application for educational benefits VA Form 22-1990 or a request for Change of Program or Place of Training, VA Form 22-1995 - completed. Students may also complete an application online . IMPORTANT: The CU-VA office is required to maintain a student file for everyone using veterans benefits. Any VA form processed through the CU-VA office will be reviewed for correctness and completeness, as well as to provide the CU-VA with basic information if a problem should arise.

    ***NOTE: We always recommend a copy of the DD-214 (copy 4) accompany the Application for benefits for veteran students to avoid problems with establishment of eligibility. (If the DD-214 (copy 4) has been recently issued, we strongly recommend a copy of it accompanying the application in case the DOD record has not been updated and transferred to DVA yet.) We do not encourage delaying submission of your application due to not having your DD-214. Individuals may go to the National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis for military records requests.