How to access the Simmons Center
Students who attend class(es) at the CU-Duncan campus may access their free membership at the Simmons Center. CU-Duncan will provide the list of student names to the Simmons Center. No further action is required from the student.
Exclusively online students, who live in the Duncan area, must complete a Membership Request Form each semester to be considered eligible for the free membership.
All memberships expire on the last day of the month in which the semester concludes. Memberships may be renewed each semester contingent upon a student’s continued enrollment as described above.
The Simmons Center’s recreation center features:
- Six-lane, 25-meter swimming pool with a one-meter diving board
- An instructional swimming pool
- Two full-sized gymnasiums designed for basketball, volleyball and tennis
- An elevated running/walking track
- Racquetball courts also equipped for wallyball and handball
- A weight room with state-of-the art Cybex, Universal cardiovascular and free weight equipment
- Two aerobics rooms
- A game room with table tennis and foosball
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with sauna, showers and lockers
- Health and fitness classes