CAMERON AGGIE VETERAN NETWORK
The VetSuccess on Campus program is a collaborative effort between Cameron University (CU) and Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of providing a supportive, on-campus environment where student veterans may gather to obtain assistance and peer support. The program assists student veterans, dependents, and active service members with making a smooth transition to college life and successfully completing their educational programs.
Cameron University’s VetSuccess counselor can help you
- Manage your education benefits.
- Choose a vocation and select a suitable major/career.
- Elect your healthcare benefits with the Veterans Healthcare Administration.
- Access, understand, and apply for VA benefits (e.g., Disability Compensation, Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Get referrals for medical and mental health care.
- Get referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible veterans and their families.
- Coordinate with other Cameron University offices to provide services.
- Find job placement assistance and coordination with Local Veterans' Employment Representative (LVER) and Disabled Veterans' Outreach Programs (DVOP).
- Locate community and other resources.
If you are a veteran, active-duty military service member, or an eligible family member who attends or plans to attend Cameron University, call or come by to set up an appointment to meet with our VetSuccess on Campus counselor. For assistance, please contact the CU-VA office located at North Shepler, Room 332, or call 580.581.2301.