Students seeking to expand their education beyond the classroom are invited to consider internship opportunities within the Social Sciences Department. Internships are offered for History, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Sociology, and Social Studies Education. Students receive hands-on experience and professional training in the degree field of their choice within local museums, businesses, law firms, and community based agencies. For more information contact your advisor or Dr. Lance Janda in the Department of Social Sciences.
Social Sciences Department: (580) 581-2499
Dr. Lance Janda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential/Approved Internship Sites:
- Museum of the Great Plains
- Fort Sill Museum
- Chisholm Trail Museum
- Marie Detty Youth & Family Services
- Comanche County Jail
- Lawton Police Department
- Other sites as arranged by faculty and students
- History: Public History Internship - HIST 3483
- Political Science: Internship in Political Science - PS 3721-3
- Criminal Justice: Internship in Criminal Justice - CJ 3723
- Sociology: Internship in Sociology - SOCI 3991-3
- Social Studies Education: Clinical Exper. in Teaching I and II - EDUC 4935 and 4945
If you are interested in searching for additional possible internship resources, please visit College Central Network.
For Junior and Senior Social Sciences majors interested in internships:
1. Download our Internship Handbook to review prerequisites.
2. Contact your academic advisor for additional information.
a. College Central Network can also provide you information about internship sites relating to the Social Sciences disciplines.