Minimum Hardware and Software for Blackboard
Below is a list of the Hardware and Software requirements to access Cameron Online course materials. Please see the software list below for a number of free downloads for required software.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Mac OSX 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, or 10.11
- Chrome OS - Chromebook (Chrome Browser; features require NPAPI plug-ins are not supported)
- Processor (CPU) with 2 gigahertz GHz frequency or above
- A minimum of 2 GB of RAM
- Monitor Resolution 1024 X 768 or higher
- A minimum of 20 GB of available space on the hard disk
- Internet Connection Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a speed of 4 Mbps or higher
- Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Strongly Recommended - Microphone and Webcam
Google Chrome versions 42+, Mozilla Firefox versions 52+, and Microsoft Edge do not support NPAPI-type plug-ins. This includes Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins.
Students using un-supported browsers may experience issues submitting assignments, quizzes, exams, as well as discussion board threads.
Your browser must be configured properly as follows:
- Strongly Recommended - add www.cameron.edu to trusted sites.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up windows must be enabled.
- Microsoft Office - a free copy of Office 365 can be obtained at http://office365.cameron.edu
- Java - - To view and interact with all available blackboard applications.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - - Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
- Adobe Flash Player - - Flash Player allows you to enjoy content with video, graphics and animation.