Welcome to Distance Learning at Cameron University.
Our mission is to facilitate quality design, development, and delivery of distance learning courses to meet the needs of our students and faculty in innovative and accessible ways. In our CU Course Schedules, you will find various forms of distance delivery.
• Blended courses meet synchronously with the instructor in the classroom. Students attend in the same classroom or in other locations. (See class notes in the course schedule for details.)
• Flex courses meet synchronously. Instructors and students have the option to participate via Zoom for any portion of the semester. (See class notes in the course schedule for details.)
• Hybrid courses combine the flexibility of online asynchronous delivery with regularly scheduled synchronous meetings via ITV, Zoom, or in a traditional classroom. (See class notes in the course schedule for meeting times/dates of hybrid courses.)
• ITV synchronous delivery offers a face-to-face experience with faculty teaching to additional locations at regularly scheduled days and times.
• Online asynchronous courses are accessible at any time or place to meet your scheduling needs.
Important Note for Prospective Online or Hybrid Students: Cameron University is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional protocol for state oversight of postsecondary distance education and provides benefits to both the student and the institution. NC-SARA allows members to offer distance education courses and programs in other member states without additional regulatory state authorizations.
Specific questions about Cameron University’s State Authorization of Distance Education may be directed to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs Susan Camp.
For more information about distance learning courses, please contact the Distance Learning Office at 580.581.5498 or email@example.com.