Student Housing and Residence Life!
The Office of Student Housing and Residence Life vision is to empower residents to become responsible citizens, life-long learners, and leaders through formative, holistic experiences.
The Office of Student Housing and Residence life mission is to provide an engaging, student centered community within an inclusive, safe environment focusing on student success and supporting the educational experience of each resident.
- Develop Community
- Foster Student Success
- Promote Personal Responsibility
- Celebrate Inclusion
- Foster Academic Excellence
- Provide Safe Facilities and Environments
- Maintain Affordability and Access
- Encourage Innovation
Research shows that students who live on campus:
- Have higher grade point averages
- Have higher persistence rates
- Exhibit greater gains in intellectual and social development
- Are more likely to create their own peer support group outside of the classroom
- Are more involved in activities in and outside of the classroom
- Spend more time on academic activities
- Are more likely to seek help from professors, and other services like tutoring
- Take more responsibility for their own learning
- In the end are typically more satisfied with their college experience
Living on campus makes it easier for residents to be successful. At Cameron University, the Office of Student Housing and Residence Life is dedicated to providing the environment and resources to allow our residents to be successful in the classroom, as well as life. We thank you for taking the time to look over our webpage. If you don't find the answer to any of your questions on our page, please don't hesitate to call or email us.