At Cameron University, Theatre Arts majors learn how to critically think, read, and write as well as learn a body of theatre knowledge from antiquity to the present day. We offer acting classes from the basics to period styles. In the technical emphasis we offer classes in costume, lighting, and scenic design. Theatre Arts Majors also have many opportunities to master important computer technologies in the course of their studies including state of the art lighting, sound, and costume construction systems. Beyond this, faculty members mentor students and encourage them to engage actively with peers, teachers and the community beyond Cameron. Furthermore, students have the opportunity to develop self-confidence by participating actively in the production program.
The Program Offers:
- A faculty-to-student ratio averaging 1 to 6, allowing students to receive the individual attention they deserve.
- 4-5 productions a year.
- Freshmen students are given opportunities to be cast in the main stage production program.
- Two performance facilities featuring computerized lighting and sound systems.
- A 400-seat proscenium stage.
- A flexible black box.
- Fully equipped costume and scene shops.
- Active participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival