Embedded Certificate in Cyber Security
The Embedded Certificate in Cyber Security program is a 32 credit hour program designed to educate and prepare students from a wide variety of majors, including Computer Science and Information Technology, to become skilled cyber security professionals who will add value to their organizations, professions, and communities. Graduates of this program will be successful in obtaining employment in law enforcement, business, education, industry, and government as Forensic Computer Analysts, Information Security Analysts, Penetration Testers, IT Security Consultants, IT Security Engineers, etc. The certificate can be completed in an online format.
Must be eligible to enroll at Cameron University as a regular or concurrent student.
- Minimum of 15 Credit Hours in Residence at Cameron
- 2.0 Minimum Major GPA
- 2.0 Minimum Overall GPA
- Complete Graduation Application Online
- Students will analyze IT ethical issues.
- Students will effectively communicate in writing with people in the information technology field.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency at computer network installation.
- Students will effectively communicate orally with people in the information technology field.
Additional Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop a working knowledge of information security and assurance issues with an emphasis on current threats and vulnerabilities
- Students will develop information security plans to mitigate security risks
- Students will apply digital forensic approaches to collecting, seizing, and protecting evidence
- Students will employ Advanced Network Security Techniques and practices to protect a network, data, and assets