Department of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
The mission and vision of the Cameron University Department of Computing and Technology is to:
- Provide quality academic programs based on academic excellence, high ethical standards, and learning outcomes for each of the computing and technology disciplines;
- Assist students in developing the skills and confidence to excel as life-long learners;
- Prepare computing and technology graduates at both the A.A.S. and B.S. levels for success in a diverse and dynamic environment;
- Provide faculty and staff with an atmosphere conducive to professional growth through an annual individualized appraisal program;
- Support community efforts involving computing and technology disciplines relevant to the university, school, and department.
The computing and the technology curricula are flexible and provide opportunities that are inter-disciplinary in nature, allowing students to customize the individual and professional experience with experiential learning components embedded throughout the curriculum. The curricula are easily adaptable to accommodate the fast-paced technological changes in our society.
Welcome to the world of Computing And Technology at Cameron University. Computing and Technology offers a variety of disciplines at the Associate and Bachelor’s levels. These programs are continually updated to ensure students are receiving cutting-edge technology knowledge to prepare them for a successful career.
We offer innovative and interdisciplinary programs deeply rooted in discovery, learning, and student engagement. We are committed to preparing our students as life-long learners to succeed in a diverse and ever-changing environment.
Computing Transfer Students: For computing courses that do not map directly into the Information Technology B.S. degree, it may be possible to transfer in up to 15 hours of computing coursework into the Technology Concentration.
The mission of the Mathematical Sciences Department at Cameron University is to provide quality educational experiences in all mathematics and statistics courses offered through the department. The department offers courses that will provide all students, both majors, and non-majors, with the knowledge and skills needed for life-long learning, as well as an appreciation for the beauty and power of mathematics. Mathematics majors will acquire a broad and solid base in mathematics, enabling them to continue their education in graduate school or to pursue careers in teaching, industry, or government.
Mathematics and statistics are fundamental to a wide variety of fields and careers. Our major in mathematics is broad-based, allowing students to gain fundamental knowledge and skills in mathematics and statistics. We offer a variety of electives for students to customize their studies to their interests.
- We offer you an education in the fields of mathematics and statistics which will provide opportunities for an exciting and profitable future.
- We offer courses that give you the opportunity to acquire the skills, knowledge, and outlook needed to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing technological world.
- We offer a major in mathematics, as well as minors in mathematics and statistics.
- Our classes are small, with abundant opportunities to interact with your peers and your professors.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss our programs in detail and obtain information about lab facilities, scholarships and employment opportunities available to qualified majors.