The Department of Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering offers one associate and two baccalaureate programs: an Associate in Applied Science in Engineering, a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, and a Bachelor of Science in Physics. For more information about these degree programs, please click the links in the menu bar above or on the program name below.
The Department of Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering at Cameron University provides both a liberal arts and professional education in the Physical Sciences and Engineering at the undergraduate level by providing:
- a rigorous basic education in chemistry and physics both in theory and practice at various levels appropriate for students to prepare to become professionals in their selected fields of study as a major in chemistry or physics;
- an education appropriate for those students preparing to teach science in the secondary schools;
- provide two years of education for students within the field of engineering;
- coursework appropriate for students to understand physical science as part of their general education curriculum; and
- theory and practice in the physical sciences for those students preparing for healthcare and other careers requiring chemistry and physics.