Cameron University’s Bill W. Burgess Jr. Business Research Center (BBRC) will host “Meet the Candidates: Election 2022,” two public forums featuring candidates for various statewide and area offices. The forums will take place on Wednesday, October 12, and Tuesday, October 18, and are open to the public at no cost. Refreshments will be served.
“With the November 8 general election fast approaching, voters in Oklahoma should take every opportunity to learn the views of the candidates and make informed decisions,” says Dr. Syed Ahmed, Director, BBRC. “These forums will provide candidates for numerous state and county offices with the opportunity to present their individual platforms. We encourage attendance so that voters will be well-informed when they head to the polls on Election Day.”
The October 12 event will take place at 4 p.m. in the Mary Lou and W. Carey Johnson Auditorium in Ross Hall. Candidates who will participate are:
• Senator, State Senate District 32: Johnny Jernigan and John Michael Montgomery
• District Judge, District 5, Office 4: Brad Cox and Scott D. Meaders
• District Judge, District 5, Office 3: Jay Walker and Neil West
• Labor Commissioner: Will Daugherty
• Attorney General: Lynda Steele
Participants in the October 18 forum will be announced soon. All candidates on the ballot were invited to participate.