Teaching and Learning Series 2019-2020
Improving Learning for all students: Culturally Responsive Teaching Techniques
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 3:30 PM-4:30 PM
- Location: CETES conference center B
- Description: Join colleagues in a discussion of October’s 20-Minute Mentor video, which offers tips for engaging all students in the context of their varying backgrounds and experiences.
Online, on track
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 3:30 PM-4:30 PM
- Location: Ross Hall Room 101 & 102
- Description: Choose from one of two concurrent sessions designed for anyone teaching on-line or interested in teaching on-line. “Inheriting your Online Class” offers tips for succeeding with an online class that you did not create. “Engaging Students Online” will discuss techniques for fostering student involvement with the learning process in the online environment.
Another way of teaching: making the most of student advising
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Location: Ross Hall Room 111
- Description: Hear from colleagues about their techniques for turning routine advising sessions into meaningful teaching and mentoring experiences.