College And Graduate Students
How do I enroll?
Anyone can enroll to see if they like ROTC classes; remember there is no military obligation until you decide to contract. If you are interested, simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Sign up for Military Science class in your university catalog
Step 2: Meet Contracting Requirements (We'll assist you)
Step 3: Sign Contract as a Cadet (Starts all benefits)
Step 4: Commission as an Officer (Active Army, Reserve or Guard)
I am interested in an ROTC Scholarship and in becoming an Army Officer. What are the requirements?
Requirements to Receive ROTC Scholarship:
- Be a US citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
Requirements to Commission as a U.S. Army Officer:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be of good moral character and possess Officer-like qualifications
- Be a US citizen
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0 and possess a baccalaureate degree from a four-year institution
- Speak English
- Meet medical fitness standards and height and weight standards
- Have successfully completed the required military training and the advanced course
- Meet minimum physical fitness standards
- Be recommended for appointment by the Professor of Military Science
- Possess a secret security clearance
Requirements to Contract as an ROTC Cadet:
- Be a U.S. citizen. (Birth Certificate / Naturalization Papers and SSN Card on hand)
- Be between the ages of 17 and 28, must commission by 30. (Waivable for Qualified Personnel)
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores).
- Meet physical standards (Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test).
- Have no medical issues preventing you from serving. (Waivable for Certain Conditions)
- Have no serious criminal history preventing you from serving.
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on active duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard).
- Be recommended for contract by the Professor of Military Science