Help us slow the spread of communicable illness.

Feeling sick?

What to do if you're sick

Cameron University will continue to monitor local and national developments and rely on guidance from the Board of Regents, State of Oklahoma; the Comanche County department of public health; and the CDC.


Be Informed

Review the self-isolation instructions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and your local health department.



If you have symptoms consistent with communicable illness stay home and isolate yourself from family, friends, and roommates as much as possible.


Report your absence

If you're a student contact your instructor as soon as possible regarding your absence. If you're faculty or staff you should follow your department's standard process. Complete a Self-Reporting Form.



Get tested. You can find information about testing in our community on the testing webpage.


Get Treated

Call a health care professional who can assess your symptoms and risk factors and help you make a plan.


Tell close contacts

Tell close contacts if you feel like you might have a communicable illness.