The Hotline operations are supported by guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH). If you feel unwell and are showing symptoms of a communicable illness, we offer the following steps:
1. Check your health daily and do not come to campus until symptoms, especially a fever, subside;
a. Note: If you were exposed to COVID-19 but do not have symptoms, you are not required to quarantine per new CDC guidance released on August 11, 2022, but should consider masking.
2. Contact each of your instructors to let them know that you are unwell, and discuss expectations to stay in good standing;
3. Submit the online form to the Hotline [required only once per established case]; and
4. Follow the guidance provided by the Hotline.
The Hotline’s general practice will be to:
1. Receive the submitted form, email, or telephone call and review case details;
2. Make a determination of action supported by CDC and OKDH guidance;
3. Communicate necessary recovery actions to the student;
4. Notify the respective instructors, department chairs, and dean of an approved absence from the physical educational space; and
5. Document the case data tracking process.
Students may call a special hotline that is staffed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, with voicemail access after normal hours and on weekends:
Phone: (580) 581-2676
The university will collect information and provide the student instructions, along with advice about personal responsibilities. Information provided by students is considered private and will not be shared, in accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).