Cameron University is committed to meeting the needs of students with disabilities based upon documentation of a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. It is the university's philosophy that students with a disability must have equal educational opportunities.
The Office of Student Development is responsible for coordinating services and reasonable accommodations in the academic setting. Students needing accommodation should contact the office and submit an accommodation request form.
The Office of Student Development does not evaluate requests for employment accommodations. Cameron University employees, including student workers, must contact the Human resource office to request employment accommodations.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- National Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Oklahoma Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
- U.S. Department of Justice FAQ about Service Animals
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 581-2209, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office in North Shepler Room 314.