INCOMING FRESHMAN PLUS SCHOLARSHIP
Freshman PLUS Scholarship Applicants - Application deadline - 11:59 p.m. on February 3, 2022.
The incoming freshmen PLUS scholarship is a four-year program. For incoming scholars during the 2022-2023 academic year, the scholarship will provide recipients with a full tuition waiver for up to 18 hours per semester, a room waiver to cover the scholar's portion of a double room in Shepler Center, and a $400 stipend per semester for fall and spring during the freshmen year and $250 stipend per semester for fall and spring during the senior year (for students in good standing).
Selection of Freshmen SCHOLARSHIP Recipients
To be considered for the PLUS scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Achieve an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher OR 2.8 or higher and be in the top 25% of the graduating senior class
- Achieve ACT minimum composite score of 20 (or SAT equivalent) OR 6 credit hours of concurrent enrollment courses with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA. (Students with scores requiring developmental coursework are not eligible)
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential as demonstrated by the applicant's resume, essay, and three letters of reference
In order to be considered, an applicant must meet the criteria above and complete the following no later than 11:59 p.m., February 3:
- Apply for admission to Cameron University and pay the application fee.
- Provide a current high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores, and any college transcripts (if applicable).
- Include a Resume, Essay, and Email Addresses for three references. Additional documents may be submitted with the scholarship application or any time before the PLUS Application deadline. (Refer to instructions on the General Scholarship web page.)
- Resume - describe extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, and any honors received throughout high school
- Essay - a one page typed essay describing your most meaningful leadership experience and how it will help you to contribute to the PLUS program at Cameron
Letters of Reference - provide email addresses for three references:
1) counselor or principal
3) someone who can detail your leadership potential or experience
Cameron University Office of Admissions will email each reference a link with instructions on how to submit a Reference Letter on your behalf.
After the application deadline, a committee will review the submissions and select students for interviews. Following the interviews, the committee will recommend approximately 25 students to receive the scholarship.
For more information about applying for the PLUS scholarship, please call (580) 581-2919.