Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Community Resources 

how can community resources help students? 

The Community Resource Coordinator (CRC) helps Cameron University students locate, apply for, and obtain community resources, such as child care, food resources, housing resources, etc. Students will discuss area of need and will be referred to the appropriate resource(s).

Common items needed when applying for community resources

  • Valid Form of ID (state/federal ID, birth certificate/social security card) 
  • Proof of Residence (lease/rental agreement, deed)
  • Income Verification (pay stubs, student financial aide)
  • Verification of Student Status (student ID, class schedule) 
  • Health Insurance Information (health insurance card)


Trevor Project

The Trevor Project is an American nonprofit organization founded in 1998 focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth.

  • Call 1-866-488-7386
  • Text "Start" to 678-678

 Marie Detty Youth & Family Services - New Directions Domestic Violence Hotline

Anyone is welcome to the Lawton, OK emergency shelter for children and adults, regardless of age and gender. Shelter is offered to people experiencing abuse, including intimate partner violence, sexual violence and stalking.

  • Call 580-357-2500

National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline

The National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is a United States-based suicide prevention network of over 160 crisis centers that provides 24/7 service to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.

  •  Call or text 988

Veterans Crisis

The Veterans Crisis Line provides 24/7, confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved ones.

  • Call 800-273-8255 ext-1

Human Trafficking

The National Human Trafficking Hotline connects victims and survivors of sex and labor trafficking with services and supports to get help and stay safe. The Trafficking Hotline also receives tips about potential situations of sex and labor trafficking and facilitates reporting that information to the appropriate authorities in certain cases. 

  • Call 888-373-7888
  • Text "HELP" or "INFO" 233-733