Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Applying for Tuition Assistance

Using Military Tuition Assistance at Cameron University

Tuition assistance is a benefit available to eligible members of the service to pay for tuition.  Each branch has its own criteria for eligibility, service obligations, the application process and any other restrictions.

Military tuition assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and Space Force for tuition expenses.  TA is typically paid directly to the institution by the individual service.

The process for applying for military tuition assistance varies between the Services.  However, the following basic process should be applied:

  1. Discuss your plans with military supervisor.  Commander approval is often needed.
  2. Meet with an Education Services Officer or a military education counselor. If you are a student located at Fort Sill, you can visit the Fort Sill Education Center located at 4700 Mow Way Road or visit their website by clicking here.  They can also be reached by calling 580.442.3201.
  3. Receive information on Military Tuition Assistance including your eligibility, responsibility and any restrictions that apply.
  4. Apply For Tuition Assistance through the appropriate portal - account registration is needed to use respective portal.
    1.         Air Force Virtual Education center (For Air Force and Space Force)
    2.         Army Ignited Portal
    3.         Navy Education Center
  5. Receive Tuition Assistance Approval from appropriate Service representatives. 
  6. Submit Tuition Assistance Approval to Cameron University and register for approved courses.  Tuition assistance approval must be received prior to enrolling at Cameron University.  The Army requires that students request TA as early as possible, up to 60 days before the class begins and no later than 7 days prior to the start of the individual class. If you are enrolled in additional courses that are not approved for Tuition Assistance, you are responsible for the associated tuition and fees for the remaining coursework.

Tuition Assistance will not be billed until after the last day to drop each session has passed. Your student account will not reflect the TA payment until after Tuition Assistance is billed and posted to your student account. If you have questions about your TA, please contact the Student Accounts office at or by phone at (580) 581-2219.

An official withdrawal requires the student to notify the Registrar's Office of their intent to no longer participate in a course(s). An official withdrawal is available from the end of the drop period through the twelfth week of a regular semester or proportionate period of other sessions. Non-attendance or ceasing to attend class does not constitute official withdrawal. Specific session withdrawal dates can be found on the official Academic Calendar.