Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Work Study

What is Work Study?

Work Study is a student employment program that allows students to work in various types of positions on campus.  There are two types of work study available - federal and state.  There are no differences in these two types of work study other than the sources of funding.  All students who are enrolled for 6 credit hours for fall or spring or 3 credit hours for summer will qualify for state-funded employment. Federally-funded employment requires that you have financial need, and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.

How do I apply?

You must first submit a FAFSA. Financial Assistance will determine your eligibility for Federal Work Study when they process your FAFSA.  If you are not eligible for federal funding, your option will be State Work Study. Students must obtain a completed Work Authorization Form from the Office of Financial Assistance. A copy is to be included with any applications that are submitted to a department where work is desired.

How do I find a job?

Please visit the online job listing to view all open work study positions.  You may contact Brandy Myers-Juarez, Human Resources, at 580-581-2298 if you have questions about the online job listing.

How much will I earn, and how do I get paid?

You may earn $10 per hour for up to 20 hours per week. Your employer and our office will authorize how much you can earn based on your eligibility and the department's budget. You will log the amount of hours you work on a timesheet.  Payroll is run on the first of each month, and pay checks are direct deposited to your personal bank account around the 12th of each month.