The mission and vision of the Cameron University Department of Computing and Technology is to:
- Provide quality academic programs based on academic excellence, high ethical standards, and learning outcomes for each of the computing and technology disciplines;
- Assist students in developing the skills and confidence to excel as life-long learners;
- Prepare computing and technology graduates at both the A.A.S. and B.S. levels for success in a diverse and dynamic environment;
- Provide faculty and staff with an atmosphere conducive to professional growth through an annual individualized appraisal program;
- Support community efforts involving computing and technology disciplines relevant to the university, school, and department.
The computing and the technology curricula are flexible and provide opportunities that are inter-disciplinary in nature, allowing students to customize the individual and professional experience with experiential learning components embedded throughout the curriculum. The curricula are easily adaptable to accommodate the fast-paced technological changes in our society.
Welcome to the world of Computing And Technology at Cameron University. Computing and Technology offers a variety of disciplines at the Associate and Bachelor’s level. These programs are continually updated to ensure students are receiving cutting edge technology knowledge to prepare them for a successful career.
We offer innovative and interdisciplinary programs deeply rooted in discovery, learning, and student engagement. We are committed to prepare our students as life-long learners to succeed in a diverse and ever-changing environment.
Computing Transfer Students: For computing courses that do not map directly into the Information Technology B.S. degree, it may be possible to transfer in up to 15 hours of computing coursework into the Computer Information Systems Concentration.