Online Education Complaint Process
Cameron University seeks to maintain the highest standards of integrity and fairness in its relationships with students, faculty and staff. We make every effort to resolve concerns or disagreements in a timely and fair manner.
- If you experience a problem with online course access, Blackboard, or Distance Learning support services, please email email@example.com or call 580-581-2284.
- If you experience a problem with another student, consult the Code of Student Conduct. If necessary, contact the Office of Student Development.
- If you experience a problem with a faculty member, we encourage you to contact the instructor and discuss the issue or concern. Many problems are resolved with clear and cordial communication. However, if a concern cannot be directly resolved with the faculty member, you may progress through administrative channels and contact the instructor’s department chair, school dean, and lastly, the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Please follow the complaint process outlined in Section 6 of the Cameron University Academic Regulations found in the Student Handbook.
- Most concerns are quickly and appropriately resolved within Distance Learning or the Academic Department/ School. Students living in Oklahoma attending Cameron University by distance education are not attending through SARA, and if they wish to appeal Cameron University’s determination regarding their complaint, they may do so to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education through the process found here: https://www.okhighered.org/current-college-students/complaints.shtml.
- For out-of-state students attending CU by distance education through SARA, if the student feels the concern has not been adequately addressed by Cameron University via the process noted above, the student may appeal the complaint with Cameron University’s SARA state portal entity, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, through the process found here: https://www.okhighered.org/admin-fac/sara/. Additional information for SARA student complaints can be found on the NC-SARA website here: https://www.nc-sara.org/student-complaints.