Early Settlement Mediation
The Early Settlement Mediation - Southwest Program is one of twelve community-based mediation programs created under the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act. The purpose of Early Settlement Mediation is to provide all Oklahomans with access to dispute resolution proceedings which are fair, effective, inexpensive, and expeditious. In mediation, a neutral third party helps those in conflict define issues, explore solutions, and reach practical workable, and mutually satisfactory agreements.
The Early Settlement Mediation-Southwest Program is responsible for providing mediation services to twelve counties (Beckham, Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Greer, Harmon, Jackson, Jefferson, Kiowa, Stephens, Tillman, and Washita) in Southwest Oklahoma. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer mediator please contact our office.
Mediation is a process which can help ALL parties involved:
- Get past their anger, frustration, guilt, or “desire to punish”
- Clarify their underlying, bottom-line goals
- See their “opponent’s” feelings, viewpoints, and goals
- Cooperatively build a lasting, WIN/WIN voluntary solution
- Create an atmosphere of on-going cooperation and efficiency
All mediations are handled promptly and confidentially.
For more information about Early Settlement Mediation, please visit their website.