Cameron Students posing for a picture on Campus

Grade Appeals Procedure

Appeals of final grades follow a specific procedure. That procedure includes a hearing before a Grade Appeals Committee, appointed by lot by the Chair of the Academic Appeals Committee (a University Committee), and is composed of faculty and students. The only basis for a formal appeal of a final grade is whether the student’s final grade was assigned fairly within the grading system adopted by the faculty member. Forms for a formal appeal of a final grade can be obtained from the Office of Academic Affairs located in the Administration Building room 250.

Other forms of academic grievances and complaints against faculty are discussed in the Student Handbook under Code of Student Conduct in Section 6 - Academic Regulations.