MAY 10, 2021: CAMPUS OPERATIONS UPDATE FOR SUMMER 2021
Thanks to the efforts of faculty, staff and students, Cameron University was able to operate safely through the Spring 2021 semester. Their encouragement, guidance, and setting good examples for campus guests and each other have made all the difference in allowing CU to remain operational and functional throughout the ongoing pandemic.
The availability and efficacy of the different vaccines can be seen in the media in in daily health reports, and this provides justification to loosen some, but by no means all, campus precautions.
Until superseded, Cameron University will continue with its current campus health and safety behavior expectations:
- Expectation 1: Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Expectation 2: Monitor your personal health daily and take your temperature before you leave home.
- Expectation 3: If you are sick, stay home.
- Expectation 4: Respect personal space – social distancing; allow six feet between individuals if at all possible.
- Expectation 5: Cover your nose and mouth. We are all expected to wear masks when social distancing is not possible or guaranteed. When in doubt, wear a mask.
The list of available facilities has been modified. Non-campus-residential summer camps and programs are now permitted. Cameron has begun welcoming the broader community back to campus this summer, including its hosting the Lawton Farmers Market in the stadium parking lot.
While Cameron University understands that it is lifting its precautions at a slower rate than the state and the communities surrounding its campuses, it is moving slowly to minimize the risk of increasing behavior expectations in coming semesters. This slower pace also provides a longer time period for CU students and employees to seek vaccinations and to allow the vaccines to take maximum effect. University administrators will continue to monitor campus and community behavior and outcomes and make operational adjustments as necessary.
The most current information about new guidance, new requirements, the virus and our responses are found on Cameron University’s COVID-19 page. The site also includes copies of past correspondence and campus actions associated with the university’s pandemic response. Please continue to check this website for updates.