Outstanding Young Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is presented to Cameron alumni who are 40 years of age or older as of the nomination deadline. The Outstanding Young Alumni Award is presented to Cameron alumni who are 39 years of age or younger as of the nomination deadline. Alumni who attended but did not graduate from Cameron may be considered at the discretion of the Distinguished Alumni/Outstanding Young Alumni Awards Committee. Up to two awards within each category may be presented annually.
1. The awards will be presented to alumni who have made significant contributions to society and whose accomplishments and careers have brought credit to Cameron in one or more of the following areas:
- by distinguishing themselves in their careers.
- in service to their communities.
- through continued support of Cameron University.
Posthumous nominations will be considered.
2. Current Cameron University employees, members of the Cameron University Alumni Association Board of Directors, members of The Board of Regents governing The University of Oklahoma, Cameron University and Rogers State University, members of the Oklahoma State Legislature and members of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education are not eligible for these awards until one year after their employment or service ends.
1. Nominations must be submitted no later than December 1 with the awards to be presented on a date set by the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Nominations received after December 1 will be considered for the following year. A nomination form may be obtained by contacting the Cameron University Office of Alumni Relations or by using the link below.
2. Any individual or group may submit a nomination for the Distinguished Alumni and Outstanding Young Alumni Awards.
3. Nominations must be typed and must include the requested information on the nomination form.
4. Nominations will remain in the nominee pool for two years. After two years, the individual's nomination must be resubmitted for consideration.
5. Members of the Distinguished Alumni/Outstanding Young Alumni Awards Committee will include the following representatives:
- Three members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- The Vice President of University Advancement and the Director of Alumni Relations will serve as ex-officio members.
6. The nominees will be notified of their nominations by the Office of Alumni Relations and will be given the opportunity to provide additional information prior to the Awards Committee meeting to review nominations. The Alumni Association President will present the Awards Committee's recommendations to the Alumni Association Board for final approval.
7. The selected recipients will be contacted by the Alumni Association President and asked to accept the award. After acceptance, the recipient(s) will receive further information regarding the award presentation from the Office of Alumni Relations; and those who made nominations will receive notification of the award recipients.
8. Recipients must agree to attend the awards presentation in order to be recognized and receive the award. In the event that a selected recipient cannot attend, the nominee will be considered for the following year. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Cameron University Alumni Association Executive Committee for reasons such as illness or infirmity. Posthumous awards shall be accepted by a member of the honoree's immediate family or by a person deemed acceptable to the Executive Committee.