Department of Chemistry, Physics and Engineering
The Department of Chemistry, Physics and Engineering provides both a liberal arts and professional education in the Physical Sciences and Engineering at the undergraduate level by providing:
- A rigorous basic education in chemistry and physics both in theory and practice at various levels appropriate for students to prepare to become professionals in their selected fields of study as a major in chemistry or physics;
- An education appropriate for those students preparing to teach science in the secondary schools;
- Provide two years of education for students within the field of engineering;
- Coursework appropriate for students to understand physical science as part of their General education curriculum; and
- Theory and practice in the physical sciences for those students preparing for healthcare and other careers requiring chemistry and physics.