CU's Career Pathway Project
Hey Aggie, your CU education provides you with a solid foundation to pursue your career goals. In today’s competitive job market, consider adding an industry tour, job shadowing opportunity or internship, and apply your education in a real-world context before you graduate. CU Advance provides all CU students access to our Career Pathway Project and our “learn to earn” goals, connecting students to an established network of employers, opportunities, and resources that will help advance your career. CU Advance will guide students through specific career preparation stages by connecting them to an established network of employers, opportunities and resources prior to graduation.
Here is what you need to know
- CU offers career connections – The professional and educational development of our students is one of our core values. CU Advance can be seen all over campus. Career education begins in our classes and is also offered through the Student Enrichment Center and the Workforce Readiness program.
- Job Shadowing provides students with essential career information – Seeing the workplace is eye-opening. Gaining a greater understanding about a career field or a work place can help you confirm your educational goals. In this case Seeing = Believing that you are in the best career field for you.
- Internships are important - An internship is more than gaining experience or listing something on your resume. It allows you to put what you have learned into action and connect with other professionals in your desired field.
- Internships can be for credit or non-credit –Gaining professional connections is the key. If you want an internship for credit, check out your department’s Beyond the Classroom tab to learn about your degree plans internship requirements.
- Internships may be paid – Many internships offer students an opportunity to be paid while they are learning. It is up to the employer to decide if the intern will be paid. Your faculty advisor can help you learn of possible work sites that pay interns.
To learn more and start your individual career pathway via CU Advance, contact the Student Enrichment Center at 580-581-5908.