Summer 2021 Cameron University’s online proctored exams:
Ross Hall, Room 100 will serve as the Lawton Campus location for the summer term. Hours of operation will be Mon-Thursday 8 AM to 8 PM, and Fridays 8 AM to 5 PM. No appointment is needed. For more information on Cameron Proctoring options and hours of operation, click here.
*We will be open Friday July 23rd 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Monday July 26th 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM for Final Exams*
For other testing services: All testers should register for their exam at https://www2.registerblast.com/cameron/Exam/List. Services that are available include CLEP exams, On-campus ACT, Course Placement Tests (CPT), DSST exams, and TOEFL.
The Cameron University Testing Center supports student retention and success by providing examinations and resources to assist academic and professional advancement and development both internally to faculty, staff, and students and externally to the Southwest Oklahoma community. The Testing Center is committed to maintaining professional testing standards and practices, safeguarding confidentiality of student records, and creating an optimal testing environment in accordance with the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Testing Center additionally supports student retention and success by:
- administering appropriate exams to determine initial course placement,
- referring students to appropriate resources for test preparation and registration,
- serving as the primary liaison for outside testing agencies and institutions,
- making national and professional entrance, certification, and advanced-standing examinations available to the university and the community, and
- facilitating testing needs of on-campus and distance-learning students.
The Testing Center is responsible for coordinating, administering, and scoring a wide range of national, international, and local tests for the Cameron University community and the general public. Tests offered include: National and On-Campus ACT, CLEP, DSST, GRE Subject, LSAT, MAT, SAT, and the Institutional TOEFL.
Additionally, the Testing Center administers Accuplacer Next Generation Course Placement Tests (CPT) for English, reading, and math for admission to Cameron University. The Testing Center also provides opportunities for gaining credit for certain college courses, and furnishes proctors for computer-based and paper-based tests for both Cameron University and other universities. The Testing Center is equipped to handle all testing needs by providing careful and precise test administrations, adhering to high test security standards, and providing a low distraction, quiet, clean, and comfortable testing environment.
The Testing Center also proctors exams for Cameron online courses. Hours of operation are Monday- Thursday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. No appointment is necessary. Instructors provide the time allowed to complete the exam. If there is not sufficient time before the Testing Center closes, the student will not be allowed to begin the exam. For example, for a one hour exam the student must arrive at least an hour before closing.
On-Campus Testing sites for Cameron Online Exams
- Lawton Campus- Ross Hall Room 100. Hours of operation will be Mon-Thursday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. FINALS *We will be open Friday July 23rd 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Monday July 26th 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM for Final Exams*
- CU Duncan Campus- 3100 Bois D'Arc, Duncan, OK. An appointment is required 877-282-3626.
The Testing Center is an important resource for Cameron University and the community. It serves both students and faculty in the proctoring of standardized national exams, online exams, exams for other universities, and licensing exams. The Testing Center at Cameron University is dedicated to educational integrity; therefore, these policies will be strictly adhered to:
- ONLINE AND PROCTORED EXAMS: Instructors provide an estimated amount of time required to complete exams. We are required to use this estimate to determine if students have sufficient time to complete exams before closing. If there is not sufficient time to complete the exam before closing according to the instructor's recommendations, students will not be allowed to begin the exam and will need to reschedule at a later date.
- All examinees must show appropriate picture identification to take an exam. Acceptable forms of picture identification include, but are not limited to, driver's licenses, military ID cards, and passports. Without proper ID, the examinee will not be allowed to take an exam. Social security cards, birth certificates, and credit cards are not acceptable forms of identification.
- Payments can be made by credit card online through RegisterBlast https://www.registerblast.com/cameron/exam at the time of registration. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Contact the Testing Center to arrange alternative payment methods.
- Examinees for the On Campus ACT arriving after the test has begun will not be allowed to begin testing.
- Examinees are requested to not bring cell phones, pagers, palm pilots, purses, backpacks, Google Glasses, smart watches, or any other BlueTooth enabled device, etc., with them to the Testing Center when taking an exam. Any items brought must be placed in a locker prior to testing. The Testing Center will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items. To ensure safety of these items, please leave them in your vehicle or at home while testing.
- Starting and ending times, as well as name of examinee and exam taken, will be recorded by the proctor.
- Exam passwords will be entered by the proctor. Passwords will NEVER be given to the examinee.
- Calculators, note paper, books, and notes will only be permitted with the instructor's permission.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Under no circumstances is the examinee permitted to print, copy, or remove exam material by any means from the premises.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the testing room.
- Examinees must keep noise to a minimum for the benefit of other examinees; talking among examinees is not allowed.
- Cheating is not allowed and examinees will be asked to stop testing and leave the Testing Center if found cheating. If an examinee is found cheating on an exam for any class for Cameron University or any other institution, the instructor will be notified immediately and appropriate actions will be taken (for more information on consequences of cheating, please see the Student Handbook). Cheating may include making an effort to remove test materials or notes from the testing room, not following test procedures, failing to stop work when time is called, disturbing or attempting to get answers from another examinee, using unauthorized aids during testing and disregarding the proctor's instruction.
- Interpreters for hearing and vision-impaired examinees must be approved by the Instructor and the Office of Student Development.
- UPDATE TO POLICY: Students taking the Course Placement Tests (CPTs) after their first semester at Cameron will be charged $15.00 fee for each re-test.