SUMMER ART PROGRAM REGISTRAR AND TEACHER - ART, MUSIC & THEATRE ARTS
The Department of Art, Music, and Theatre Arts is looking for a program registrar and art teacher to work in the Summer Visual Art Programs for 20 hours per week during the months of June and July. This position is a temporary position for the summer only, but a student who achieves success on the job may be considered for employment in successive summer camp sessions if openings become available.
“Creative Expressions 2022: Art in the Afternoons” Monday – Thursday 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. (ages 6 – 12) and Summer Fine Arts Institute Fridays – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (ages 13 – 18).
Duties will include the following Registrar and Art Teaching Responsibilities:
- Answering phones and taking accurate and thorough messages to facilitate registration in both summer art programs: Creative Expressions 2021: Art in the Afternoons and Summer Fine Arts Institute
- Receiving and reviewing mail, processing the registration in the designated program and session and writing receipts of payment.
- Management of registration Excel spreadsheets for both summer programs.
- Notification of enrollment to parents when registration forms are received and processed.
- Teach art classes in Drawing, Digital Art, or Sculpture to participants in Creative Expressions (ages 6 – 12) and Summer Fine Arts Institute (ages 13 – 18).
- Applicant must be available during the afternoon hours of 1:30 – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Fridays throughout the summer semester.
- Applicant must be punctual, professional, dependable, highly motivated, and adhere to a strict policy of confidentiality.
Enrollment: The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and cordially with the public. The applicant will be enrolling participants in the Summer Art Programs and be able to receive money (checks or cash) and give appropriate change. Applicant must have good telephone skills and be able to answer questions about the enrollment process and art class details, etc. effectively over the phone and in person. Applicant should be knowledgeable with excel spreadsheets and be able to compile each program session registration list accurately.
Teaching: The applicant should have strong drawing skills in classical drawing techniques and also understand the fundamentals of 2-D and 3-D design. They should be able to create art lesson plans in Drawing, Design (2-D and 3-D) or Digital Art that are suitable for a variety of age groups (6 – 12) and (13 – 18) and be stimulating and challenging for students enrolled in both programs. The applicant must be eligible for State funding.
Please download the application and complete. Attach 1) a letter of application including reasons for interest in position, 2) a current transcript, 3) current schedule, and 4) a current résumé and deliver all information to Susan Furtado, Administrative Assistant, Communication building – Room 102
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, only candidates whose applications are received by Monday, May 2, 2022 are ensured of receiving full consideration.