Student Research Assistant, Department of Social Sciences
The Student Research Assistant provides support to faculty in the Department of Social Sciences and works directly with specified faculty and students enrolled in Social Science courses. Job duties of the Student Research Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Assist faculty with maintenance of student files, rosters, assignments, and research as needed
- Type, compose and proofread correspondence, reports, schedules, or other materials
- Assist faculty with the execution of student communications
- Work in student information systems and databases for student file maintenance
- Assist students with general questions
- Maintain confidentiality of student records according to FERPA
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Varies, but will not be more than 20 hours per week.
Work hours will be subject to the needs of specified faculty and the Department of Social Sciences office. The schedule will flex with the Student Worker’s course load as to not interfere with any class periods.
Standard office hours for this department are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Accurate demonstration of English spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills using a variety of communication channels (i.e., telephone, email, social media and in-person)
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Basic understanding of Blackboard
- Successful completion of research-based course(s)
Cameron University is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
Attachments should include a cover letter resume, transcripts, names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Apply online at www.cameron.edu or for direct link https://cameronhr.silkroad.com/cameronext/EmploymentListings.html.