JAN. 14, 2022: OPERATIONAL CHANGES AT CAMERON FOR JANUARY 2022
Due to the rapid and significant spread of the coronavirus within the Cameron University community, all face-to-face classes will convert to virtual instruction when classes resume on Jan. 18, 2022, following the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Virtual instruction will continue until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 31, 2022, when regular course instruction will resume. Individual course instructors will provide specific information for each course.
University offices and services will remain open and available to employees, students, and visitors. However, masks are required by everyone in indoor, public spaces on both campuses through January 30, 2022. Following recent CDC guidance, the university encourages the use of N95 or KN95 grade masks.
As always, the health of the campus is a responsibility that the Cameron University community holds collectively. As members of that community, these are the university’s health expectations for students, employees, and campus visitors:
- Expectation 1: Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Expectation 2: Monitor your personal health daily.
- Expectation 3: If you are sick, STAY HOME. If you contract the coronavirus or if you have significant exposure to the virus and you are a student, please notify the student hotline by submitting the online form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 580.581.2676. If you are an employee, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 580.581.2245.
- Expectation 4: Respect personal space. The pandemic has affected each of us differently so please consider your proximity to others.
- Expectation 5: Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough. Proper wearing of masks indoors is strongly encouraged.
Cameron University continues to adapt to changing state and local guidance, including how we treat masks and vaccination in light of increasing cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
For the latest information about what CU is doing to combat the pandemic, please visit our COVID-19 page.