June 8, 2020: Aggie Rec Center reopens, with restrictions
Effective Monday, June 8, 2020, the Aggie Rec Center has reopened for limited use by students, faculty and staff. Students must be enrolled in summer or fall classes, and all users must have valid Cameron IDs.
In order to keep patrons safe and the facility clean, the ARC is taking extra precautions. Staff will clean and disinfect all hard surfaces every 15 minutes.
For health and safety, only certain areas of the facility are open to patrons. Open areas of the facility are the pool for lap swimming only, cardio machines, strength training/weight machines, and the walking track. All other exercise areas are closed, including the basketball courts, spin room, racquetball courts, and open cardio areas. No fitness classes are being held in the facility during the summer session.
Social distancing will be in effect for all areas inside the ARC. Other temporary changes include:
- Showers are not available
- Lockers are not available for overnight use
- No equipment can be checked out
- Fountains may only be used to fill water bottles
- Patrons are encouraged to wear a mask while in the facility.
Operating hours for the Aggie Rec Center through July 31:
- Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Fridays from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sundays from 1-6 p.m.
Additional questions can be directed to ARC manager Otis Gentry at 580.581.5555, or by email at email@example.com.