Herbert C. King Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Established in August 2010 for the benefit of incoming freshmen who are students in the Lawton Public School District and who have ties to the Douglass Lions family.
- Must be a freshman accepted into Cameron University from the Lawton Public School District seeking a baccalaureate degree.
- Recipient must be a graduate, descendent, or relative of a descendent of a Douglass Lion student, faculty or staff. Eligibility will be determined through the student’s submission of a 50-100 word essay stating their tie to the Douglass Lions family.
- Must meet Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale.
- Scholarship funds are to be used for the cost of tuition, books, and other educational fees.
- Once selected, a recipient may retain the scholarship until degree completion if he/she remains a full-time student, maintains a 2.5 GPA and is making satisfactory progress toward degree completion; however, no student will receive more than six semesters of scholarship support.