Welcome to Cameron University, where we are dedicated to the educational, cultural and economic advancement of the communities we serve.
The 2016-17 academic year is bringing excitement and exceptional learning opportunities to Cameron students, as well as to the citizens of southwest Oklahoma and beyond. This year, in keeping with Plan 2018: Values Driven, Action Oriented, our five-year strategic plan, we will continue our focus on student learning and student success with initiatives to improve persistence and degree completion rates while maintaining or increasing already high academic standards. The initiatives are grouped around five themes:
- Access: Cameron University wants to ensure that high school graduates and transfer students have the opportunity for a college education, and improving the prospective student experience is a priority. New and prospective students may find out more at the Welcome Center in the Shepler Towers and at OneStop in the McMahon Centennial Complex. Academically, we continue to improve student learning and success. We match student preparation and skills with appropriate course placement to provide a better chance for success as students enter Cameron University – either directly from high school, from a technology center, from another higher education institution, or from the workforce.
- Affordability: Cameron is dedicated to maintaining quality learning experiences for a modest financial outlay by managing costs and by providing outstanding opportunities for financial assistance. Despite a tuition increase, Cameron remains an excellent value. To offset costs, Cameron has increased scholarships and tuition waivers. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. Cameron provides personalized financial updates to student borrowers as well as additional counseling and financial information.
- Accountability: Cameron is committed to improving our institutional retention and graduation rates. Through participation in the Higher Learning Commission's Persistence and Completion Academy, Cameron has many more tools to aid students and faculty in support of these goals.
- Attainment: We are continuing two initiatives, Graduation Starts Today and We Want You Back that put our students in the best possible position to complete the degrees, certificates or course packages they have chosen. We offer opportunities for participation in undergraduate research, civic engagement, and other high-impact experiences. State-of-the-art facilities include the new McMahon Foundation Gross Anatomy Laboratory supporting biology, allied health, and pre-nursing programs.
- Engagement: The newly opened Cameron Psychology Clinic provides supervised instruction and experiential learning opportunities for psychology graduate students while providing needed community mental health support for underserved populations. Throughout Cameron's website, you will find information about academics, athletics, student activities, campus life, cultural events, and more, providing you with a glimpse into what our university offers.
I invite you to visit our campuses in Lawton and Duncan or contact us by phone or email to explore the numerous opportunities that Cameron provides.
Thank you for visiting our website. I hope to see you on campus soon.