Incoming Freshman PLUS Scholarship
The incoming freshmen PLUS scholarship is a four-year program. For incoming scholars during the 2017-2018 academic year, the scholarship will provide recipients with a full tuition waiver for up to 18 hours per semester, a double room waiver, an $800 first-year stipend and a $500 fourth-year stipend (for students in good standing).
Selection of Freshmen SCHOLARSHIP Recipients
To be considered for the PLUS scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Achieve an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Achieve an ACT composite score of 24 (or SAT equivalent).
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities as demonstrated by the applicant's resume, essay and three letters of reference.
In order to be considered, an applicant must meet the criteria above and submit the following no later than 11:00 p.m., January 31 of the year preceding the year the applicant plans to become a full time student at Cameron:
- Apply for admission to Cameron University and pay the application fee
- Submit a current high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores, and any college transcripts (if applicable).
- Submit a scholarship application.
- Submit a resume describing extra curricular activities, leadership positions held, and a listing of honors received throughout high school
- Submit a one page typed essay describing your most meaningful leadership experience and how this experience will help you to contribute to the PLUS program at Cameron. (Resume and essay may be attached electronically to the scholarship application or mailed to the Office of Admissions.)
- Submit three reference letters: 1) one from a counselor or principal 2) one from a teacher 3) one from someone who can detail your leadership potential or experience.
After applications are submitted, a committee will review the applications and select students for interviews. Following the interviews, the committee will recommend approximately 25 students to receive the scholarship.
For more information about applying for the PLUS scholarship, call (580) 581-2284.