Upward Bound Outcomes
1. Students who are selected to participate in Upward Bound will score at least 40 on the following preferred characteristics:
1) GPA as desired by the Upward Bound program 2) a moderate number of extra-curricular activities 3) demonstrate a
desire and the ability to succeed in high school 4) meet income requirements and/or meet first generation requirements
(parents have not graduated from college) 5) have a career interest requiring a college degree
2. Upward Bound parents who participate in parent meetings will report a better understanding of how to assist their child in
transitioning to and succeeding in their collegiate educational efforts by scoring workshops with a grade of "A" or "B".
3. Upward Bound seniors enrolling in college the fall semester following high school graduation will persist to the subsequent
4. Students who participate in Upward Bound will complete either an associate's or bachelor's degree within six years of
graduating from high school.
5. Cameron University Upward Bound students who participate in the summer program will show improvement in their
6. Cameron University Upward Bound students will show improvement in their English skills.