Developmental Education Outcomes
The mission of the Developmental Education Program is to provide under-prepared students with reading, writing and math skills and strategies necessary to succeed in college level coursework.
1. Students will successfully complete required developmental coursework within the first 24 hours of college credits.
2. Students successfully completing their development coursework in mathematics or English will enroll in a first college level
course in that discipline within one year.
3. Students who have successfully completed their developmental coursework in mathematics or English and are enrolled in a
first college-level course in that discipline will successfully complete that course within two years.
4. Students who have successfully completed their developmental coursework in reading will demonstrate college readiness on
an approved reading placement test.
5. Students will demonstrate discipline specific skills in English that indicate college preparedness in the discipline.
6. Students will demonstrate discipline specific skills in mathematics that indicate college preparedness in the discipline.
7. Students enrolling in mandatory tutoring will successfully complete the companion course in the discipline.
8. Students successfully completing remediation by supplemental instruction will be successful in the co-requisite college-level
9. Students needing developmental classes will enroll in co-requisite courses.