MSBS: Counseling Track - Full Time
Mostly Face-to-Face with Summers
|Starts Aug. 2019 - Graduate May 2023|
5433 Counseling Th (night)
5003 Ethics (day)
Elective: 5393 Systems Theory (night)
|5033 Basic Counsel Skills* (night)
5013 Research Methods (day)
5243 Adv. Psych Personality (day)
|5203 Human Develop (online)
[5083 Intro Counsel**
(night - or day next summer)
|2||5363 Psychopathology (day)
5713 Group Counsel (night)
5523 Assessment Intel (day)
|5383 Social & Cultural Found (day)
5703 Indiv Counsel (night)
5073 Crisis Intervention (day)
|[5083 Inro Counsel** (night)]
[5513 Assess Personality (online)**]
|3||5743 Clinical Practicum I
5053 Statistics (day)
[5043 Human Sexuality** (night)]
Apply for Comp
|5753 Clinical Practicum II
[5253 Career Counsel** (night)]
* Skill Set course = very strict attendance policy
** Not required but needed for licensure
While this is the current projected rotation, it is subject to change.
- Most day classes meet from 11:00 - 1:45; most night classes meet 6:30-9:15.
- Failure to complete a course in the designated semester will likely delay projected graduation.
- Courses in brackets are not likely to qualify for financial assistance.
- It is the student's responsibility to know if/when he/she qualifies for financial assistance.
- Students have a maximum of 6 years to complete the degree.
- Students must pass the comprehensive exam to earn the MSBS degree.
- Although the MSBS: Counseling Track requires 48 credit hours, Oklahoma state licensure as an LPC requires 60 credit hours. The courses listed above meet the Oklahoma state requirements for LPC; please refer to the Curriculum Evaluation for LPC provided to you in PSY 5000 for more detailed information.