PLUS JUNIOR/TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIP
PLUS Junior/Transfer Scholarship applicants - The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. June 1, 2023.
The PLUS Junior/Transfer scholarship is a two-year program. For incoming juniors during the 2023-2024 academic year, the scholarship will provide recipients with a full tuition waiver for up to 18 hours per semester, a waiver to cover their portion of a double room in Shepler Center, and a $250 per semester stipend during their senior year (for students in good standing).
SELECTION OF PLUS JUNIOR/Transfer SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
To be considered for the PLUS Junior/Transfer Scholarship, an applicant must :
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours and a maximum of 80 credit hours before Fall 2023.
- Have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0
- Possess outstanding leadership qualities and potential as demonstrated by the applicant’s resume, essay and three letters of reference (see application for specific requirements)
Applicants must meet the criteria above and complete the following no later than 11:59 p.m., June 1:
- Apply for admission to Cameron University and pay application fee, unless you are a current Cameron University student.
- Submit current college transcripts for all college work attempted
- Submit a scholarship application :
- Include a Resume, Essay and Email Addresses for three references. Additional documents may be submitted with the scholarship application or any time before the deadline. (Refer to instructions on the General Scholarship web page).
- Resume - describe extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, and a listing of honors received throughout high school and college
- Essay - one page, typed essay describing your most meaningful leadership experience and how it will help you to contribute to the PLUS program at Cameron
- Letters of Reference -provide email addresses for three references:
- Administrator at the college you attended during first two years
- College instructor
- Someone (not a relative) who can detail your leadership potential or experience
Cameron University Office of Admissions will email each reference a link with instructions on how to submit a Reference Letter on your behalf.
Following the deadline, a committee will review the applications and select finalists for interviews. Following the interviews, the committee will recommend students to receive the PLUS Junior/Transfer Scholarship.
For more information about applying for the PLUS Junior/Transfer Scholarship, please call 580.581.2919.