PLUS Junior Scholarship
The PLUS Junior scholarship is a two-year program. For incoming juniors during the 2018-2019 academic year, the scholarship will provide recipients with a full tuition waiver for up to 18 hours per semester, a double room waiver, and a $500 second-year stipend (for students in good standing).
Selection of PLUS JUNIOR Scholarship Recipients
To be considered for the PLUS Junior Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Have completed two full years of undergraduate education and have junior standing as of the fall semester for which the application is submitted
- Have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0
- Possess outstanding leadership qualities as demonstrated by the applicant’s resume, essay and three letters of reference (see application for specific requirements)
In order to be considered, an applicant must meet the criteria above and submit the following no later than 11:59 p.m., July 1 of the year preceding the year to which the scholarship application is submitted.
- Apply for admission to Cameron University and pay the application fee
- Submit current college transcripts for all college work attempted.
- Submit a scholarship application.
- Submit a resume describing extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, and a listing of honors received throughout high school and college
- Submit a one-page typed essay describing your most meaningful leadership experience and how this experience will help you to contribute to the PLUS program at Cameron. (Resume and essay may be attached electronically to the scholarship application or mailed to the Office of Admissions.)
- Submit three reference letters: 1) one from an administrator at the college you attended during your first two years; 2) one from a college teacher; and 3) one from someone (not a relative) who can detail your leadership potential or experience.
Following the deadline, a committee will review the applications and select finalists for interviews. Following the interviews, the committee will recommend approximately eight students to receive the transfer PLUS Junior Scholarship.
For more information about applying for the transfer PLUS Junior Scholarship, call 580.581.2284.