Senior Resident Assistant – Department of Student Housing
The SRA is responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the housing department and residence hall.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with opening and closing housing facilities at the beginning and end of each semester.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate 5 Resident Assistants.
- Work with resident assistants to encourage their growth and development and to assure resident assistants are fulfilling job obligations.
- Organize and facilitate staff development activities to promote a strong sense of team and support, and respond to staff concerns.
- Responsible for overseeing low level disciplinary process within their facility.
- Develop and implement new ideas/concepts to improve the quality of life and experience within the residence hall.
- Provide personal and administrative support necessary in developing a community environment with in residence hall.
- Handle emergency or crisis situations appropriately as they arise.
- Assist with Departmental and Division projects.
- Maintain 10-15 office hours a week.
- Participate in professional on-call rotation.
- Will require additional night and weekend work beyond the on-call responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as needed to support the goals of the department and mission of the university.
--- (Edited on 1/25/2018 12:19 pm [GMT-0600] by debbiek) ---
--- (Edited on 2/2/2018 11:06 am [GMT-0600] by lwray) ---
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year residence life experience
- Minimum of 60 hours of course completed.
- Willingness to be on call and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Senior Resident Assistants receive a two bedroom apartment and a $300 monthly stipend.
To be considered please complete application along with submitting a current resume, and cover letter.
All of these materials must be typed and returned to:
Jacob Newton Student Housing Office McMahon Learning CenterRoom 100
Your application will NOT be complete until all required materials are turned into the Student Housing Office. For best consideration turn in all materials by February 9th, 2018.
For an application or any other questions, please contact Jacob Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-581-5907.
|1/25/2018 12:19 pm
|Student Housing-McMahon Learning Center, Room 100