Established in November 2010 by LTC(R) Jerry Orr to assist deserving former Cameron athletic team members who are pursuing a degree and have exceeded their sports eligibility.
- Recipient must be a former member of a Cameron University Intercollegiate Athletic team who has expended all of his/her sports eligibility and is within 30 credit hours of completing his/her baccalaureate or graduate degree
- Recipient must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the scholarship for the first semester
- Recipient must achieve a 3.0 GPA or better in the courses of his/her academic major during the first semester of award to receive the scholarship for the second semester and a 2.5 GPA or better in all course work attempted
- Once appointed, a recipient may retain the scholarship until degree completion, however, no person will receive more than two semesters and one summer term of scholarship support.
- Quality of academic performance and potential for degree completion shall be more important than financial need