Center for Writers Tutor - Office of Teaching and Learning
The Cameron Center for Writers is looking for a dependable student to work as a peer tutor.
Duties include working closely with students to provide feedback on their writing, keeping accurate records of tutoring sessions, maintaining files, answering basic questions about word processing, and answering the telephone.
- Familiarity with the conventions of standard English grammar, mechanics, and usage
- Understanding of the expository writing process and of documenting sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Basic knowledge of word processing
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
Please download the application and complete. Attach a letter of application, two recommendations from professors who are familiar with your writing and work ethic, and two pieces of expository writing that are a minimum of 6-10 pages in length; at least one of these pieces should use documented sources. Send all information to email@example.com or deliver to Nance-Boyer Room 2060.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.