Microwaves & Refrigerators
Shepler Center residents may have a maximum of one microwave and one refrigerator per room. A combination refrigerator/freezer/microwave appliance will be counted as one microwave and one refrigerator. In addition, the following conditions apply to microwaves and refrigerators in the residence halls:
- Microwaves must be U.L. approved and may not exceed a stated FCC rating of 700 watts (FCC rating placard must be intact).
- Refrigerators must be U.L. approved and the total size of the refrigerator and freezer combined may not exceed 4.3 cubic feet.
- Refrigerators must be kept clean for sanitation reasons.
- Refrigerators must be cleaned, defrosted, and unplugged between semesters.
- Refrigerators must be removed from the room prior to check-out.
- Microwaves and refrigerators must be plugged directly into a wall outlet.
Because a full size refrigerator and microwave are provided in each apartment, personal refrigerators and microwaves are not permitted in apartments or bedrooms.