Fire Drills, Alarms, and Equipment
Student Housing and Residence Life may hold fire drills to acquaint the residents with fire evacuation procedures. All residents and guests should follow directions during the drills. Failure to evacuate the building may result in disciplinary action.
Because it is imperative that fire and safety equipment functions properly when it is needed, the following acts are prohibited:
- Tampering or playing with fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, exit lights, or emergency lights
- Tampering with or pulling a fire alarm under false pretense
- Removing smoke detectors or otherwise rendering a smoke detector inoperable
- Obstructing halls and stairwells with furniture, debris, and other materials
- Hanging objects from smoke detectors or from sprinklers
Residents who jeopardize the security or safety of any resident will be subject to severe disciplinary action.